Mark
Mark, Peugeot Certified Technician
Experience:  Fully qualified technician and MOT tester.
69494627

I have 206cc 2.0 , I ave had the exhaust changed, catalytic

Customer Question

I have 206cc 2.0 , I ave had the exhaust changed, catalytic converter, and manifold, also service and changed plugs, now it makes a tinny rattling noise when I press the accelerator down quite hard, what could this be? Have also had it checked for loose heat shields .
Category: Peugeot
Expert:  Mark replied 3 years ago.

Mark :

Hello, my name is Mark and I will try help you with this.

Mark :

This type of sound can be normal for a new exhaust. It can take a while for the exhaust to carbon up inside and deaden this noise.

Mark :

However, to be on the safe side you should take it back to the garage that fitted it for a second opinion but I'm sure it will clear in the next few weeks.