Peugeot Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP
Hello, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will try help you with this.
Can you tell me what engine you have and what year it is.
1.1 and 04 plate
Does the car drive ok?
Does the noise change with engine speed?
i think so, but only had the car a day
Do you hear the noise when driving?
not to sure only noticed earlier
yes you can hear the noise when driving
Did you buy the car from a garage or as a private sale?
private but had a friend who knows about cars look it over
And he never heard the noise?
no just started earlier when picking my daughter up
I would advise you first check the engine oil level and coolant level before driving the car again.
have done . oil ok but water was lowish
The noise could be gurgling in the coolant system.
Did you top it up?
yes and if it gurgling is that ok
If it is gurgling then you should try bleeding the system to make sure there is no air in the system.
Does the heater get hot?
don't know not used it yet
and i have no idea how to bleed the system
To bleed the system do the following.
1. With a cold engine, remove the pressure cap.
2. Top up the coolant to the level line.
3. Squeeze/pump the main cooling hoses to remove any air.
4. Start engine and allow to idle.
is that it?
5. With engine running, continue to squeeze hoses and top up fluid as required.
6. Check heater blows hot air as the engine warms up.
7. Allow engine to cool and when it does, recheck fluid level.
8. Top up as required and then refit pressure cap.
Do you require anything else?
ok will try tomorrow , hope that's all it is :( thank you
no more help thanks
Please remember to rate my assistance.
Why poor service?
sorry clicked on wrong face can i change it
Just reclick on a smiley face.