Mike
Mike, Peugeot Technician
Experience:  Tech Expert
9261905

Hi guys.....I have a peugeot 206 diesel convert able and last

Hi guys.....I have a peugeot 206 diesel convert able and last month engine started making a squeaking noise and lost almost all power. Then black smoke billowed out of the exuast. A mech said it's the turbo, so £498 later and a new turbo and now I have error message anti pollution fault and the power is still down. Now and again the power comes back but it's very inconsistent and at times dangerous. The rev counter only seems to go to 3000 and that's it. I've tried fuel cleaner and blasted down the m42 a few times but still no luck. Any suggestions would be much appreciated
Category: Peugeot
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 3 years ago.

I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.

We have been working with the Experts to try to help you with your question. Sometimes it may take a bit of time to find the right fit.

I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Experts.

Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?

Expert:  Mike replied 3 years ago.
Hello and Welcome -

My name is XXXXX XXXXX Im happy to help you ..

Please just clarify for me if you do indeed still need help with this - if so, then we can progress...

If so - please bring me up to date with everything that has been done / tried to cure this issue....

Rgds, MIKE........................................
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I still have the problem. All I know is that it's a common problem with multiple possibilities to what it could be.
Expert:  Mike replied 3 years ago.
Hello again -

Thank you for you reply -

Im quite happy to help you but I need to know then exactly what has been done - if anything -since you have had the new turbo fitted...

Rgds, MIKE..........................................
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Hi mike, since the turbo was fitted I've only tried fuel cleaner twice and blasted the car up and down the motorway. But when the turbo was fitted it had a full service, so I'm thinking it can't be any filters etc
Expert:  Mike replied 3 years ago.
Hello again -

Thank you for your reply and extra info -

Your symptoms at least would add up to exhaust - cat convertter contamination and / or failre..

When a turbo goes - and all the black smoke you mentioned come out of the exahaut - there is generally a great deal of oil goes down the exhaust - and of course this can clof the exhaust - as it dries when cooled and causes restrictions - and also, invariably damages the cat converter - that would cause your lacl of pwoer - and the Anti Pollution error / fault message -

So all things considerd - as above - that would be the area to be looking / investigating now - Any good garage with the right equipment should be able to quicly suss and sort that for you with theabove info now.

The first thing though to do is to have the fault codes reasd - see what they say -and then go from there per above.

Let me know if you need anything else -

.>> >> > ..Meantime..............Please do click on the "OK/ Excellent ratings" for me as that's how Im credited for helping you - Thank you in advance for that...

You can and are most welcome to get back to me anytime you might need - clicking the OK ratings does not close you out at all..

Rgds, MIKE.

Mike, Peugeot Technician
Experience: Tech Expert