Mike, Peugeot Technician
Experience:  Tech Expert

Our 3008 2010 with 24000 miles has had to go into the garage

Customer Question

Our 3008 2010 with 24000 miles has had to go into the garage with stuck brakes and we have been advised that the ABS system needs to be replaced , at a cost of £1030. Is this reasonable? Many Thanks Derick
Category: Peugeot
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 2 years ago.
Hello Derick,

I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.

We have been working with the Experts to try to help you with your question. Sometimes it may take a bit of time to find the right fit.

I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Experts.

Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Given the length of time without a reply I would now like a refund of my payment. Many thanks.
Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.
Hello Derek -

My name is MIKE - Im happy to help / advise you with this...

First - Im sorry to see you have had a wait - personally I have been off for the weekend - I cant answer for anyone else of course - but Im more than happy to help you if you would like me too..

Please just let me know then we can go from there -

Kind Rgds, MIKE......................................
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I quite understand. Any advice you can provide would be appreciated. Thanks. Derick

Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.
Hello again Derick -

Thank you for your reply and comments.

Well, the first thing to say Derick, is that the quote you have been given as stated above in your question, is not untoward - These Abs units as a replacement are around that sort of price / figure - and of course whatever labour charges are in your locale.

So again - its not an untoward figure Derick, average. You could - and I would suggest to ring around and get prices - you may come up with cheaper !

Too - there are companies that you can send the Abs units to for reconditioning - which invariably comes out considerably cheaper than renewal - and they have a full warranty. You can find such companies on the net - or I can give you a contact of one... You would need to then just have someone to remove the unit - you send if off... deal with the company - and then when you get it back- pay the garage to fit it. Any small type garage can do this for you --

To save you time Derick I will give you the number of the company I can suggest - that is - 0 1 6 3 4 - 6 8 7 2 2 2 ... If you give them a call - they will talk you through all that you need to know inc costs etc... ( give them plenty of time to answer - they have 20plus lines - but still can be very busy and take a while sometimes )

So I hope the above helps you Derick,

Do let me know if you need anything else -

.>> >> > ..Meantime..............Please do click on the "OK/ Excellent ratings" for me as that's how Im credited for helping you - Thank you in advance for that...

You can and are most welcome to get back to me anytime you might need - clicking the OK ratings does not close you out at all..

Rgds, MIKE.