Nathan B
Nathan B, Mechanic
Experience:  20+ years experience working on a wide range of vehicles both as an employee and also running my own garage
27720961

my Peugot 308 CC has been towed 3 times due to a problem that

Customer Question

my Peugot 308 CC has been towed 3 times due to a problem that cant seem to resolve. First time the car was running sluggish and stalled a few toimes until eventually it stalled at traffic lights and could not restart and had to be pushed oof the rpoad and towed. The message "Engine Fault: NEEDS REPAIR" After it was towed to Dealer they had it for 2 -3 days and claimed it was in need of new batteries. One of the service guys drove it home and said no problems.
Approx 6 weeks later the car stalled on multiple occasions however always restarted until one day agin stalled in a car park however would not restart. Waited an hour and half top have it towed back to dealer to first be told it was the batteries which we understood however this was happening due too an electrical fault draing them> 2 weeks later mutiple phone calls etc etc The dealer claimed they had it solved and rectified however today the same thing happened when i was pulled over picking up my daughter the car started to shake then the light came up ENGINE FAILURE blah blah blah, Initailly I called and said I would take it in however ewven though it had not stopped all together there was no revs more just a roll so I rang Peougot again Oh did I mention we only got the FIXED car back 2 days ago!!! On the phone to Peugot the guy asked me to turn it off and see if it restatrs which it did however ENGINE Fault light came upp and the Omosiions Fault light remained on permantely It back at the dealers who really could care less and I am looking at taking Legal action demandind a new engine and Computer or New car. Just pathetic and did I mention I have only done 19000kms. Please help .
Category: Peugeot
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 2 years ago.

I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.

We have been working with the Experts to try to help you with your question. Sometimes it may take a bit of time to find the right fit.

I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Experts.

Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?

Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.
Hello and Welcome..

My name is MIKE - Im happy to help / advise you - Im sorry to see you have had a wait on your question.

Before we progress, so that I can check exactlty what vehicle type / engine etc you have - can you please give me its Full reg number...

Then once I hear back from you - I will get back to you and we can progress.

Too - as there has been a delay - do you have any up to date info back from the dealers at all - any "findings / conclusions " etc at all?? They should have at least some fault codes ...

Kind Rgds, MIKE.......................

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

EAG013 NSW . The latest finding is the High Pressure Fuel Pump to be replaced. additionally batteries have been replaced and as already mentioned Fault Code reads : Engine Fault repair Needed ! in a triangle.

I really hope you can shed some light soon it has been 3 days since I paid the money for a an answer??

Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.
Hello again -

This is MIKE who responded to you as above.

I am sorry - I have not been able to get back to you until just now due to system issues all last week - it was completely out of my control Im afraid.

Im more than happy to help you as I said - I initially answered you - responded just 22 mins after I was asked to... but again - I can only apologise re the above delay.

If you do wish me to help you / carry on from here - please just brin g me right up to date - with what if anything, has been done in the interim - then we can progress -

Kind Rgds, MIKE.....................

Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.
Ps -

I will also need to check / clarify the cars reg number as you supplied above as that cannot be correct and I cannot therefore go off that ..

Rgds - MIKE...................