Mark
Mark, Peugeot Certified Technician
Experience:  Fully qualified technician and MOT tester.
69494627

First of all my ignition stopped working but as the 307 is

Customer Question

First of all my ignition stopped working but as the 307 is a 2003 the cost of a new barrel/reader and harness was too high, the Peugeot dealer wanted £400 plus vat. The only way to get it going again was to have a push start button fitted. This worked without any problems so I thought, then I had a braking fault flash up on the display but no fault reading machine can detect an error in fact there are zero faults but every time I start the car up I get three beeps and a braking fault message. The garage doesn't know what to do as there computer says there is nothing wrong but obviously there is something amiss. What can I try next to clear this annoying message?

Disconnected the battery for 24 hours to wipe any memory but still the braking fault flashes up but if I don't set the clock and put up with it flashing it does not appear but the bleeping sounds.

Category: Peugeot
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 2 years ago.

I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.

We have been working with the Experts to try to help you with your question. Sometimes it may take a bit of time to find the right fit.

I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Experts.

Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I'll continue to wait as I really need help with what I have posted. Thank you.

Thank you for getting back to me. We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.

Expert:  Mark replied 2 years ago.
Hello, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will try help you with this.

I really don't know what you are complaining about. You have already CURED the main problem with the bypass you installed.

The warning you have now is because of the bypass you installed. If you want to remove it then you should remove the modification you carried out and have the car repaired properly.

I assume you don't want to repair it properly so I would say you should just live with what you have. Afterall the car starts and runs ok.
Mark.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

The bypass was removed as soon the fault was discovered by the garage and the fault still appeared and no ecu codes so the bypass of the ignition was ruled out as the problem. The complaining???? It was a question on a 'ask a question' website looking for a logical answer as Peugeot are known for there vast array of electrical problems. As this will be classed as an MOT failure now, I thought someone could provide a suitable solution.

Expert:  Mark replied 2 years ago.

You never mentioned the bypass had been removed in your original question. It was made to look as though the bypass was the cause of the fault.

If the bypass has been removed does that mean you have replaced the barrel and key?

Depending on which lamp it is means it might not be an automatic MOT failure. The ABS light and brake fluid level are a failure but others might not be.

Mark.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi. No lamp lights up which is the strangest thing just the beeping and a warning message on the multi display only on start up. ABS is working fine and fluid level is good, if something was faulty it would give me a reference point to start from.

regards

Steve

Expert:  Mark replied 2 years ago.
Does the warning then go out after the engine is started?

Mark
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Yes it is a momentary thing after 2 seconds it doesn't appear again. Just an annoying error message which could put people off from buying it in the near future.