sean
sean, Car and LCV technician
Experience:  Technician for 30 years.
31670004

Hi new to this lol Have Peugeot 307 diesel been told the dmf

Hi new to this lol Have Peugeot 307 diesel been told the dmf is going. Should I go for conversion kit on the clutch (cheaper option) and completely do away with dmf. Heard that this can cause other problems, as a woman I am not mechanically minded so any advice would help, thanks
Category: Peugeot
Expert:  sean replied 3 years ago.

Hello, I hope the following assists you.

Without doubt the best option is to fit a solid mass flywheel conversion kit if the DMF has failed this is much cheaper and prevents repeat failures. Whenever the clutch is replaced on a car with a DMF this usually ends up with the DMF been replaced as well which is expensive, after a conversion only the clutch should need replacing if it is worn and not the solid flywheel so this is much cheaper.

The conversion clutch is different to the DMF clutch and has springs that serve the purpose of the springs that are in the DMF so any vibration is still dampened.

Many car manufacturers themselves offer DMF conversion kits now so there are no real concerns fitting a solid flywheel conversion.

I hope this helps but if you have more questions regarding this let me know and I'll reply as soon as I'm able to.

Best wishes,

Sean.