Mark
Mark, Peugeot Certified Technician
Experience:  Fully qualified technician and MOT tester.
69494627

I have a 7 year old 407SE saloon which runs very well indeed.

I have a 7 year old 407SE saloon which runs very well indeed. The only problem I have is with the 2 remote 3 button car key rubber casings which are now very worn and difficult to operate. I got some from ebay but they are not suitable as they are made from firm plastic with no give to make a proper connection. Any ideas?? Nothing needs to be re-programmed.
Category: Peugeot
Expert:  Mark replied 2 years ago.

Mark :

Hello, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will try help you with this.

Mark :

The original rubber buttons were easier to press but do have the problem of wearing out over time. This is why some companies have produced replacements from plastic to be more durable and last longer. However the force needed to use these is different from the force needed to operate the original type.

Mark :

If you do not like the feel of the new type then all you can do is buy original equipment type replacements that do have the rubber buttons.

Mark :

These might be more expensive than the ones you have bought from ebay but if it is feel that is bothering you then that is your next option.

Mark :

If the ones you have bought from ebay don't work at all regardless of how hard you press the button then these are obviously faulty and should be returned for replacement or credit.

Mark, Peugeot Certified Technician
Experience: Fully qualified technician and MOT tester.