sean
sean, Car and LCV technician
Experience:  Technician for 30 years.
31670004

Hi There, I have a peugeot partner combi diesel 1.6, and the

Hi There, I have a peugeot partner combi diesel 1.6, and the engine seems noisy. does it have a timing chain, or a cambelt. And what are the service intervals for them? Thanks Tim

PS Mileage at the moment is 88000

Category: Peugeot
Expert:  sean replied 2 years ago.

Hello, I hope I can be of assistance.

Do you have the registration number of the vehicle? So I can obtain the correct details.

Let me know and I'll reply as soon as I'm able to.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

GF56NPN

Expert:  sean replied 2 years ago.

Hello again,

this engine has a cam belt that drives the inlet camshaft, it then has a small chain from the inlet camshaft that drives the exhaust camshaft.

The interval to replace the timing belt and tensioner is 120000 miles/10 years for adverse conditions or 144000 miles/10 years for normal operating conditions.

For the small chain between the camshafts there is no specified intervals.

I can't recall seeing a timing belt fail on this DV6 engine then the belt has been changed on time.

To be honest this engine is very reliable, the only concerns are injector blow past, where gases come past the injector seals, this causes a loud compression type noise and you can usually see black molten plastic on the injectors or in engines that aren't well maintained the turbo fails. As long as the oil is changed as it should be this shouldn't really happen.

I hope this answers your question but if I can assist further let me know and I'll reply as soon as I'm able to.

Best wishes,

Sean.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thanks Sean

That answers my questions. We actually put it in because we had a fuel pressure warning that made the engine cut out, usually at high speed or under load, like going uphill.

So far they only replaced the fuel filter, which made sense. Could any problem with the timing belt/chain or what you describe above cause that failure code I think it was PO193

If not then we are done and thankyou for the advice

Expert:  sean replied 2 years ago.

Hello again,

no any timing belt failure would mean the engine wouldn't start. Replacing the fuel filter is always a good start with any fuel pressure problem.

Best wishes,

Sean.

sean, Car and LCV technician
Experience: Technician for 30 years.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I rated this good service and left some nice feedback.