mike_a_mechanic
mike_a_mechanic, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  17 years experience as a auto mechanic, foreign and domestic.5 years running my own repair business.
19374685

i have a308 i cant select reverse gear forward gears work

i have a308 i cant select reverse gear forward gears work but they are very slack
Category: Peugeot
Expert:  mike_a_mechanic replied 3 years ago.
Hello, welcome. My name isXXXXX will do my very best to assist you with your question. I apologize if you have been waiting long for a response.

What happens when you try to select reverse, it just grinds?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

reverse gear wont engage atall some of the forward gears will engage

Ok this issue is normally caused by a failing or weak pilot bearing which requires the gear box to be removed in order to replace this. It is normally a good idea to replace the clutch while the gear box is out.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

could you give me a estimate of cost if possible

The labor time is about 5 hours and the parts are about 150 depending of course on where the work is performed.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

thank you for your help

No problem thank you, XXXXX XXXXX can respond back to this question at anytime after rating positive if you need further help.