Robert
Robert, Peugeot Technician
Experience:  Fully qualified 19+yrs exp/self employed technician in the UK
13210289

I have a Peugeot partner van. Power steering has failed and

I have a Peugeot partner van. Power steering has failed and battery light has come on. Fluid reservoir looks ok. Any ideas?
Category: Peugeot
Expert:  Robert replied 3 years ago.

Hi..

Hopefully i can help..

You dont mention the year nor engine size - so the best place to start would be to check for your auxillary belt which may have failed..Considering the Power steering pump "loss of assistance" aswell as the alternator "battery light" -- if none of these are being driven by the belt wither it be broken/slack/loose etc..then those items above will most likely fail at the same time..so as above certainly check your belt down on the drivers/pulley side on the engine and ensure the belt is still there aswell as check to see if its slack..also make sure all pulley are present/crank pulley tensioner etc incase one of those has failed and fallen off..I do hope this helps

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thanks, XXXXX XXXXX and don't appear to have a belt left!! Will get it fixed.

Expert:  Robert replied 3 years ago.

Hi..there thanks for the update.. Should be an easy and cheap fix..who ever is doing the job ..ensure that belt hasnt shredded and got stuck in amoungst the pulleys/timing covers..also ensure they check the pulleys are all able to be turned by hand freely and not binding and check the tensioner hasn't failed.and check its operating properly..But as above if all else is ok it should be a straight forward job..

Many thanks for the rating..much appreciated..if you need to ask anything else or need advice in the future then just ask for me and i will help you as best i can..Regards Robert