Robert
Robert, Peugeot Technician
Experience:  Fully qualified 19+yrs exp/self employed technician in the UK
13210289

hi i have just bought a 206 sw auto its just had an mot it

hi i have just bought a 206 sw auto its just had an mot it has a rumbling quite bad from the rear suspension i took it to another mot station in my area all the bushes seem ok he drove it he heard the rumble on the ramps again a quick look around again and said take it to a proper peugeot mechanic any ideas what it could be please
Category: Peugeot
Expert:  Robert replied 3 years ago.

Hi..

Hopefully i can help..

206 rear suspension wear is quite common..its usually happens at the bearing where the control arm pivots or is attached to the axle beam..they need to take close look there for any movement .by grabbing the top of the tyre and give it a good shake whilst somebody observes the axle/control arm..shocks arent as common for wearing but any play or leakage from behind the shock gaitors is definate failure..but either of above usually causes a knocking sensation felt from the back of the car..but check again all these to properly rule it out..I turst they have checked for wheel bearing wear / possible brake dragging on the back/ handbrake cable is secure/

if at speed the tyres have been checked / exhaust heat deflection shield / Spare wheel and it carrier thats slung underneath is secure.can be removed and then test driven again..I do hope this helps