Robert
Robert, Peugeot Technician
Experience:  Fully qualified 19+yrs exp/self employed technician in the UK
13210289

how do you change the front rh suspension spring

Customer Question

Category: Peugeot
Expert:  Robert replied 2 years ago.

Hi..I see your question hasnt been answered as of yet..do you still require help with this?

If so what - model / year of peugeot do you have?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi its a 2005 307S, your help would be appreciated.

Expert:  Robert replied 2 years ago.

Hi..there thanks for your reply..

Ok..first off you need to aquire a pair of good quaility spring compressors to this job...once you have the wheel off..remove either the top or lower bolt on the antiroll bar link..sometimes it best to to remove the top one on the front shock..remember before removal spray lots of wd-40 on those bolts and let it soak in before removal..once you have the antiroll bar drop link removed from the strut - next loosen off the two through bolts that bolt the shock to the hub carrier at the bas of the shock absorber...under the bonnet - locate the top mount bolt at the suspension turret sometimes they will be under a plastic cover..use and torx key into the top centre and hold that steady and the a swan neck ring spanner to undo the top nut..

then the plate/washer.do not remove the second nut underneath.then remove the two lower through bolts and remove the whole strut/spring assembly from the car..use the spring compressors to compress the spring..make sure you have one on either side of the spring..and are evenly tightened down until the spring is compressed enough to remove the base nut/top mount.same way you remove the the first nut...once you have top mount off then remove the spring from the shock..then evenly undo the spring compressors..then apply the same procedure with extra caution to the new spring and compress that till enough to enable you to refit the top mount in the same place as it was removed and the base nut can be tightend down on the end of the shock till it bottoms out..then undo the compressors in the same way all the time ensuring the both ends of the spring are properly seated into the spring base and top mount of the shock..once everything is back on then its simply a case of reversal of removal as refitting the shock assembly back the car...I will say though - compressing springs on any vehicle is extremely dangerous if not done correctly and wouldnt recommend the job to anyone who isnt sure about what their doing..If you need to ask anything else or include anything further then just continue before you rate...I do hope this helps

Attachments are only available to registered users.

Register Here

Register Here

Register Here
View Full Image

Register Here

Register Here

Register Here

Register Here
View Full Image

Register Here