Nathan B
Nathan B, Mechanic
Experience:  20+ years experience working on a wide range of vehicles both as an employee and also running my own garage
27720961

my power steering system is messed up

Customer Question

Hiya, I have recently purchased a 407 KG05 EHW though a private sale and have had problems already. on the day of purchase, I lost all power steering and it went very heavy. my local garage ran a computer test on it and it was showing faults with 2 speed sensors which have been replaced. However the steering fault is still there and they are now saying it could be the power steering pump. He has advised that my car (KG05 EHW) is on the cusp of the pump needing to be coded and calibrated by a Peugeot dealer but he is not sure, as the year before, he describes as 'plug and play'. Can you advise on the pump please as to whether it needs to be programmed or can we have (possibly a reconditioned) one fitted? faults showing still on the computer read out are as follows ESP / ASR disarming switch (inactive) Status of handbrake (inactive) but the handbrake is working mechanically status of steering wheel angle sensor (not operational) steering wheel angle status (not calibrated) Status of gearbox torque converter (not available) faults showing are names as C1135 and C1388...... I am really at the end of my tether now and need a safe car to drive, can you help.

Category: Peugeot
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Relist: No answer yet.