Robert
Robert, Peugeot Technician
Experience:  Fully qualified 19+yrs exp/self employed technician in the UK
13210289

Hi , changed a fuel filter on my Peugeot 508 today cant

Customer Question

Hi , changed a fuel filter on my Peugeot 508 today can't get it started , do I need to do any bleeding or priming the pump + what is the procedure !!!!! Thanks
Category: Peugeot
Expert:  Robert replied 3 years ago.

Hi..

Hopefully i can help..

If this a diesel HDI engine - remove the engine cover - then the procedure will be on these engines which have there own hand operated priming pumps depending on the engine size.1.6hdi has like a priming button you have to press repeatedly until you get resistance or the button becomes stiff to press..then try starting the engine and repeat that process until it finally starts...the 2.0/2.2 will have priming bulb you have to squeeze until fuel is seen to come through the clear tube or again resistance is felt or the bulb becomes hard to squeeze then try starting the engine..you need to drag fuel up to the empty filter before it will start or the fuel system builds up its desired pressure before it will start...ensure the filter has been fitted properly all lines back in on the same ports on the new filter as they where on the old one...I do hope this helps..if you need to ask anything else or include anything further then just continue before you rate