mike_a_mechanic
mike_a_mechanic, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  17 years experience as a auto mechanic, foreign and domestic.5 years running my own repair business.
19374685

We have a 2005 Peugeot 206 3 door on an 05 plate and are having

Customer Question

We have a 2005 Peugeot 206 3 door on an 05 plate and are having trouble with the airbag light coming on. The light goes out on initial startup as it should but even if you just leave the car running for approximately 20 minutes without touching anything the light just pops on. If you stop the car and leave it to cool down then start the whole process again exactly the same happens. There are no wires under either the driver's or front passenger seats.
Category: Peugeot
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 3 years ago.

I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.

We have been working with the Experts to try to help you with your question. Sometimes it may take a bit of time to find the right fit.

I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Experts.

Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?

Expert:  mike_a_mechanic replied 3 years ago.
Hello, welcome. My name is Mike, I will do my very best to assist you with your question. I apologize if you have been waiting long for a response.

The issue that you are having is likely the clock spring behind the steering wheel airbag, this is a common failure and results in the issue that you are having with the airbag light.
To correct this issue the clock spring has to be replaced.