Robert
Robert, Peugeot Technician
Experience:  Fully qualified 19+yrs exp/self employed technician in the UK
13210289

My 2007 207cc has fluid leaking from the roof hydraulic system

My 2007 207cc has fluid leaking from the roof hydraulic system (red fluid by rear offside wheel) where best to take to fix and how much approx?
Category: Peugeot
Expert:  Robert replied 3 years ago.

Hi..

Hopefully i can help..

If its just a leak your experiancing here - then any good well equiped garage should be able to tackle this.as once the leak s rectified then it a simple case of refilling and bleeding the roof system by opening and shutting all the while ensuring the level is correct..usually in the event of leak in that system you need to start off from the source or supply of that fluid and that will be the main pump in the boot area..then proceed to follow the supply lines from the pump up to the control shafts/cylinders checking for the source leak..its likely the leak is either on the connections ports to the pump or to one of the control shafts/cylinders..hard to say without checking it for myself or having checks done..this could be something you can look at yourself if you feel confident..but at this early stage as you'll understand it would be hard to say what costing your facing without making the basic checks first and where exactly that said is coming from..i do hope this helps