Mike
Mike, Peugeot Technician
Experience:  Tech Expert
9261905

Hello you wonderful people... Im hoping that one of you can

Customer Question

Hello you wonderful people... I'm hoping that one of you can help, and hopefully come across this problem before and it's a simple fix!

I have a 307 1.4 petrol, with what appears to be a common problem of 'Coolant Temperature Too High' warning coming on when the fan kicks in at approx. 92-95 degrees. The needle flies over to max at the same time and it goes back to normal after a few seconds.

I have changed the thermostat, coolant and coolant temp sensor, but still no better. I checked the earth straps (as best I could as they are pretty well hidden) and cleaned up the terminals, but still no better. I thought it may be the fan relay, (of which there are two) but swapped them over and still no better. Surely they cant both be faulty?

Any ideas...?

M
Category: Peugeot
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 2 years ago.
Hello M,

I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.

We have been working with the Experts to try to help you with your question. Sometimes it may take a bit of time to find the right fit.

I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Experts.

Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I have not found the answer to my problem, nor have I had a reply from an expert. Hoping someone can give me the solution soon...!

Regards,

Martin

Hello Martin,

Thank you for getting back to me. We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.

Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.
Hello and Welcome -

My name is MIKE - Im happy to help you -

Can you please give me the Full reg of the vehicle -

Rgds, MIKE..................................

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Mike,

Full Reg is KX52BVJ

Many thanks,

Martin

Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.
Hello again Martin -

Thank you for your reply and info -

I meant to ask - do you have / have you obtained any fault codes out of it at all?

Rgds, MIKE.................................
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

No... I don't have access to a fault code reader. There is no engine management light on, and from what research I have done it appears to be a common fault, I just haven't found a definitive solution to it...!

Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.
Hello again Martin -

Thank you for your reply - Im sorry but your question timed out so that caused a further delay Im afraid - its just the way the system works.

With regard to fault codes - Im not talking engine management lights etc -there is no problem there as you say - but fault codes can be retrieved for the cooling system.

I asked about this because you say you have replaced the temp sensor - that being the case- there has to be a fault elsewhere - which can be in the wiring -the dash cluster, or the computer and so on. .. hence you may need to have it code read.

As you say , it is a common fault - the usual fault being the sensor - as they break inside and short to earth...

I wonder did you fit a genuine Peugeot supplied sensor - if not - I would recommend as a first move to change the sensor for one - as aftermarket ones can be iffy -

Too - in any event - check carefully that the pins inside the plug for the sensor are good - not corroded - and, in position. Sometimes they push back into the plug - sometimes they break --

Let me know how you get on..

If there is anything more by all means get back to me and we can carry on...

** >> Meantime >>>> Please do click on the "OK/ Excellent ratings" for me - Thank you in advance for that...

You can and are most welcome to get back to me anytime you might need - clicking the OK ratings does not close you out at all..

Kind Rgds, MIKE.