Mike
Mike, Peugeot Technician
Experience:  Tech Expert
9261905

Have 307cc, anti pollution warning comes on for a week or so

Have 307cc, anti pollution warning comes on for a week or so then off for same period

Also boot mechanism not locked warning and annoying beep beep but boot is locked doesn't change when roof up or down
Category: Peugeot
Expert:  Mike replied 3 years ago.
Hello and Welcome -

My name is ***** ***** Im happy to help / advise you with this..

Can you first please tell me exactly what you have done / tried already ---

Too - what year is your 307? A full reg number would be good if you can -

Rgds - MIKE....................................

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Registration is EU04 EPZ

I haven't tried anything myself except WD40 in boot lock

When I purchased the car the faults displayed soon after and I took it back for them to deal with. The dealer has since changed hands and they don't know who did the repairs

Sorry cant be of any more help

Expert:  Mike replied 3 years ago.
Hello again George -

Thank you for your reply and further info...

I have your car off its reg : Peugeot 307 CC 2,0 2003-05 Engine code : EW10J4 (RFN)

The first thing to mention is - I don't why the new owners of the garage are concerned with what the previous people did - they just need to get on with fault finding in this instance now - I don't really understand why this concerns them -

Anyway - the issue with the anti pollution light - This is a common issue with these Peugeot George - As to exactly why this is light is on - a plug in fault code read needs to be done to determine this. Again - I really don't know why the garage hasn't just gone ahead - this is normal practice ... Maybe you would be as well using a different garage George. Most smaller independent garages have the equipment to deal with this issue on your 307.

Anyway - a fault code read has to be the next step - that then will basically tell you whats causing this - usually its a faulty lambda sensor - or it can be a fault with the catalytic converters - equally, it can be an Air Meter fault and so on - so you can see the need to have the test done as above, so as to get the right way forward - thats the proper / cost effective way on that.

As regards ***** ***** issue - the lock mechanism has a small micro switch on it - check the wiring in the boot through to the lock for any breaks - especially where the wires bend / hinge - as often they do break...causing what you have. But if the wiring is all ok, then the micro switch is the usual fault. The lock mech has to be stripped fully to gain access to that and deal with that George - a new switch is the answer usually there - Again, this is not at all a big job for any local type garage should you not wish to do it yourself - Really, they could do it/ check it for you at the same time as the above - you will have to have it in for that anyway... and it only adds about an hour to the whole job...

- By all means let me know how you get on / or if you need anything more at all on this.....

>> Meantime >>>> Please do click on the "OK/ Excellent ratings" for me - Thank you in advance for that...

You can and are most welcome to get back to me anytime you might need - clicking the OK ratings does not close you out at all..

Kind Rgds, MIKE.