Mike
Mike, Peugeot Technician
Experience:  Tech Expert
9261905

can you please tell me how you join the front hand brake cable

can you please tell me how you join the front hand brake cable to the rear cable on a boxer van 2005reg 2.0 diesel swb.
Category: Peugeot
Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.
Hello and Welcome -

My name is ***** ***** happy to help/ advise you ...

Could you please describe the issue you have more fully - as this is a really rather odd issue - ie... it should be straight forward..

If you can try and let me know - or send me a pic that would be helpful ...

It doesn't matter if you cant - it would just help some...

Kind Rgds, MIKE....................................

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

there seems to be something missing under the van that joins the two cables together I bought the van all that was said it needed some work on the handbrake. so I bought new cables as I said they don't join up

Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.

Hello again Barry -

Its possible - that you have been given the wrong cables - it does happen - but - Im going to give you a pic of a similar set up - you will note where the finger is pointing - there is like a bridging piece - that has a hole in the middle where the long threaded piece from the handbrake connects ( to that piece ) - then your cables (2) attach , one to each side of that piece.. I think its called an equaliser.. though people call them different things. But if thats missing, you will need to obtain one - and you would only get one from a Peugeot dealer parts dept Barry - they are not a factor item.

Click below to open the pic Barry -

graphic

There are different set ups on these - either you have that as above - in the vehicle - others are under the vehicle, but its the same set up... Given what you have outlined , Im sure thats your issue - the "missing link".. so to speak...

Let me know how you get on -

Im very pleased to have helped you -let me know if you need anything more -

** **>>Meantime -- - - >> Please do click on the "OK/ Excellent ratings" for me - Thank you in advance for that...

You can and are most welcome to get back to me anytime you might need - clicking the OK ratings does not close you out at all..

Kind Rgds, MIKE.

Mike, Peugeot Technician
Experience: Tech Expert