Mike
Mike, Peugeot Technician
Experience:  Tech Expert
9261905

I HAD THE MANAGEMENT LIGHT ON IN MY PEUGEOT 407 1.749 PETROL

Customer Question

I HAD THE MANAGEMENT LIGHT ON IN MY PEUGEOT 407 1.749 PETROL , YEAR 2006.
I GOT A DIAGNOSTICS ON THE CAR, THE FOLLOWING SHOWED UP. WHAT DOES IT MEAN PLEASE.
CODE001 SIGNIFICANT COMBUSTION MISFIRING ON SEVERAL CYLINDERS OR ON AN UNSPECIFIED CYLINDER - INTERMITTENT
CODE002 THERMOSTAT CONTROLLED OPEN CIRCUIT - INTERMITTENT
CODE 003 PINKING SENSOR SIGNAL OPEN CIRCUIT, SHORT CIRCUIT TO POSITIVE , SHORT CIRCUIT YO EARTH - INTERMITTENT
THE CAR WAS LOSING POWER ESPECIALLY WHEN CITY DRIVING, I TURNED THE CAR FULLY OFF AND BACK ON AGAIN AND IT WENT OK. THERE SEEMS TO BE SOME KIND OF A MISS IN IT, LIKE A DIP IN POWER SOMETIMES WHEN DRIVING ALSO.
WHAT COURSE OF ACTION DO YOU RECOMMEND.
THANK YOU.
HELEN
Category: Peugeot
Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.
Hello and Welcome -

My name is ***** ***** happy to help / advise you -

Can I just ask - what mileage is on the car?

What is its service history like / when was it last serviced?

Have any parts etc been replaced for this issue?

Can you please give me the cars Full reg number -

Thank you - Once I hear from you , I will get back to you further asap.

Kind Rgds, MIKE.................................

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Mike

Just to note the money has been taken from my visa card and I have not actually got any answers yet.

I sent an email yesterday saying that i did not want the membership package.

Can you please make sure this is cancelled.

I just want this one question answered and when it is answered satisfactorily I will be happy to pay the €29 for that question, I do not want or can afford membership.

I have only bought the car recently, so i have no idea of its service history or what parts were replaced but the car is in excellent condition so i would think that it was looked after.

There is 138000 kms on the clock.

The reg number is ***** D 59887.

Thanking you

Helen

Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.
Hello Helen -

Thank you for your reply.

You have done the right thing in mailing in to customer services telling them you want the pay as go arrangement - ie, not a subscription - I cannot tell at this stage Im afraid what you were on - but mailing in will suffice.

Just to explain further - the T& C's for use of the justanswer system do explain that your card is debited straightaway as your money is taken / held as a good-faith deposit by justanswer - I as an expert on the system do not get any payment until you have your answer and you are happy and click the rating.. at which time your good faith deposit is used. I hope that clarifies all for you. Let me know if you have any queries but***@******.*** is the place to mail ( or***@******.***) on financial / sub issues etc really.

Getting back to your car , your Peugeot -the codes you have there okay but "P" codes - retrieved with a plug in code reader would be better -

But with those codes - this is what I have... :

Code001:
Intake air temperature signal. Short circuit to positive or open circuit - permanent fault

Code002

Injector supply fault signal 4 open circuit. - permanent fault

Cylinder no.03 injector control. Open circuit - permanent fault

Code003
Intake air temperature signal - permanent fault.

Any and all of those faults will cause what you have - so they as above need to be checked... you can work of those ok.. But again - if you struggle, I advise having a plug in test done to the OBD socket on the car - get the "P" codes and although the machine then will show on the screen what you need to do, if you still need any more help, you can come back to me anytime at all -

Im very pleased to have helped you - Do let me know if you need anything more --

*** Meantime - - >>>> Please do click on the "OK/ Excellent ratings" for me - Thank you in advance for that...

You can and are most welcome to get back to me anytime you might need - clicking the OK ratings does not close you out at all..

Kind Rgds, MIKE.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Mike.

Thank you for the reply but i am abit confused. The diagnastics that i got from was plugged into the car to get the reading. Why do i need to get another reading.

Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.
Hi there Helen -

Thank you for your reply...

Thats ok - Im not saying you should or must get another code read done - its just that the P codes I referred to / mentioned are retrieved using equipment as I described and that tends to give out more detailed info on the codes...

As I said above - you can work with those codes that you have - I said "only if you struggle ".. in any way - would it be best to have a test done to get P codes as above - for that reason..

Sorry for any misunderstanding - but you will get to the bottom of this working as above..

Kind Rgds, MIKE..

............... Please do click on the "OK / Excellent ratings" for now at this point Helen - Thank you very much..

-- Again, you are welcome back anytime as / if needed..

- -- Best Rgds, MIKE.

Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.

Hello again -

Im just checking in with you - I see you have viewed my answer I have sent you but you have not replied or left me the Ok ratings... If you do need anything more- if there is anything else I can help you with , please just ask me - Im always happy to help you further if needed - Or, if we are done, per the way justanswer works, I do just need you to click on the "OK ratings" for me at this point - Thank you kindly in anticipation..

Best Rgds , MIKE.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Mike. I sent à reply previously. I was not at all impressed with the answers. You basically told me back what i told you not even à suggestion of what might be the actual problem. Thank you. Helen

Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.
Hello again Helen -

Thank you for your reply -The last I had from you as showing above was on the 18th basically asking me why I was telling you needed to get another code read done... That I answered 3 hours after you asked that - explaining why - and I have not received anything since..

I dont know if you have sent another message / reply to me since but I haven't had one - anything I have had would be / is showing above so you can see...

Where are you up to with it now then ? What is the current situation? Did you get another code read done for the reasons I explained?

Rgds, MIKE...................................

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thank you Mike, i did not answer earlier as there was nothing to say. You basically repeated back to me what i described to you. Not impressed at all. There is no need to reply to me again as i will not be pursueing my query here. Thank you. Helen

Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.
Helen -

With respect - there was "something to say".. but evidently we are going round in circles as maybe you have had the car sorted already, I don't know.. but if you will not work with me I cannot help you further .. I neither am impressed as I have tried to help and spent a lot of time doing that but thats life as they say... again , I cannot help you if you either won't answer my questions / work with me and / or you don't need the help anymore.

Rgds, MIKE.

( This is not an Info request - just a message by way of a response )

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

My thoughts exactly Mike. I did not check back in as I did not see the point ad i did not feel that i was going to get any useful information. Thank you anyway Mike for your time. Helen