Robert
Robert, Peugeot Technician
Experience:  Fully qualified 19+yrs exp/self employed technician in the UK
13210289

Hie I have got a Peugeot 307 1.6 rapier petrol 2002 hatchback.

Hie I have got a Peugeot 307 1.6 rapier petrol 2002 hatchback. The problem is that it's making a knocking noise that seems to be coming from the wheel arch drivers side. The noise can be head when car is idling but comes and goes. When driving it makes more noise especially when accelerating. Sometimes the noise seems as if it's in the drivers door near the side view mirror. No lights on the dashboard mileage 78000. Bought it last months and had oil and plugs change. No history of cam belt change which is happening this month.
Category: Peugeot
Expert:  Robert replied 3 years ago.

Hi..

Hopefully i can help..

There is no petrol fuel pump located at the drivers wheel arch nor behind the inner lining...without hearing and the fact this happens when cars is stationary so sort of rules out suspension fault - id say it possible you have auxillary pulley fault..something run of the auxiallary belt causing the knocking with engine at idle/under throttle..you could try turning on the aircon system and see if any change to the noise is heard..if so then you have idea the noise could either be air con compressor clutch fault/ you can also remove the belt and then check pulley in turn for play..another likely could be the crank pulley itself so certainly monitor that too.wobbling with engine running.. also check engine mounts condition too.aswell as anything loose on that side in contact with moving parts on that side of the engine.I do hope this helps