Mike
Mike, Peugeot Technician
Experience:  Tech Expert
9261905

hi i have had a second hand gear box fitted to my Peugeot expert

Customer Question

hi i have had a second hand gear box fitted to my Peugeot expert 2007 1.6 hdi
but the gears are not working correctly
if i connect the cables onto the linkage and into there housing i only get 5 and revers
it seam as the cable is to long and sends the stick right over to the left
if i take out the white cable from its housing i can get 3 4 5 and revers but no 1st or second
is this the correct gear box for the van as the linkage came of the old gearbox
thanks alan
Category: Peugeot
Expert:  Mike replied 3 years ago.
Hello and Welcome -

My name is MIKE -Im happy to help / advise..

To be honest -the situation you have is somewhat odd..

Given the symptoms you describe -so long as the cables are connected as they should be - if you are having it throw the gears out like that , then this has to be the wrong gearbox for it... maybe its a 6 speed - I really dont know from here - but that would add up / make sense as the gears inside are in different positions...

I would suggest to double check this with the supplier of the g'box - it does seem to be the wrong one - at least at this stage....

Im very pleased to have helped / advised you -let me know if you need anything more -

** **>>Meantime -- - - >> Please do click on the "OK/ Excellent ratings" for me - Thank you in advance for that...

You can and are most welcome to get back to me anytime you might need - clicking the OK ratings does not close you out at all..

Kind Rgds, MIKE.