Mark
Mark, Peugeot Certified Technician
Experience:  Fully qualified technician and MOT tester.
69494627

Hi I am a resident in Ireland about to purchase a black Peugeot

Customer Question

Hi I am a resident in Ireland about to purchase a black Peugeot 308 1.6hdi active 5dr (2013/132 for the second part 0f 2013 year)with 10000miles on the clock,from a near by dealer,he is importing it from England he is looking for 16950euro (£13398) and I cant remember the post code but it had 13 on the reg plate,I am trading in my own car 2010 Renault Cleo, black, 1.2petrol with 38456miles it has a good few scratches a about four dents on the body but overall its in good condition with new tyres and battery put on her,and he said it would cost him money to repair dents and scratches,he offered me 5550euro(£4387) i also offered him 2400cash as well as he is putting a hitch and electric wires for it on it which brings it down to 9000euro(£7114) as i will be paying this by finance at 48mths at a total value of 10592euro(£8372)once it arrives he said he would sort out all paper work,reg etc as hes been dealing in the area for 40yrs, my question is am i getting a good deal,and any other advice is appreciated.

Category: Peugeot
Expert:  Mark replied 2 years ago.

Mark :

Hello, my name is Mark and I will try help you with this.

Mark :

The price you are paying for the vehicle is a fair price for it. Prices can range from £10950 to £15500 for this vehicle depending on condition and spec.

Mark :

The price offered for your clio is also fair if it does need the bodywork looked at.

Mark :

Prices for the clio can range from £4750 to £6300 depending on condition and spec.

Mark :

The only issue is what interest rate you are paying and whether you could get a better deal from a bank or loan company.

JACUSTOMER-xpabmqmi- :

He said the Peugeot was registered in July 2013 as it has the number "13" on the reg, would this be classified as a 132 in Ireland?? as like you we have 131 for the first part of 2013 and 132 for second part where yee have 13 and 63

Mark :

I'm not familiar with Irish regstrations.

Mark :

But I suppose it would be.