Mike
Mike, Peugeot Technician
Experience:  Tech Expert
9261905

My almost 8 year old Peugeot 307 cc has just failed to close

Customer Question

My almost 8 year old Peugeot 307 cc has just failed to close the roof. I have turned it on and off several times and it stops halfway through the closing mechanism and flashes up on the sr even' roof mechanism faulty' . I opened it and closed it normally 2 days ago. What can I do until Monday when garage will be able to look at it hopefully. I can park it under cover.
Category: Peugeot
Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.
Hello and Welcome..

My name is ***** ***** Im happy to help / advise-

The first thing to do is very carefully check the whole mechanism of the roof - the hinges / bars etc - look for any trapped debris - any rubbish like that will stop it working... Too - look / check for any signs of twists in the hinged mechanisms..

If you find anything as above you can clear / sort it and it will work now.

If not there is a manual procedure outlined in your Owners Manual - basically to close the roof - look in the in car tool kit -you should have a small allen key - the pump for the roof where you insert the key ( on the pump side - you will see the aperture / socket ) is on the LHS of the boot behind the trim panel.

Inert that in the pump and rotate it - that disengages the pump and allows you to close the roof manually until such a time as you can have the system diagnostically checked to trace the cause of your troubles - which would then be your next step.

Im very pleased to have helped you - Do let me know if you need anything more --

*** Meantime - - >>>> Please do click on the "OK/ Excellent ratings" for me - Thank you in advance for that...

You can and are most welcome to get back to me anytime you might need - clicking the OK ratings does not close you out at all..

Kind Rgds, MIKE.