Mark
Mark, Peugeot Certified Technician
Experience:  Fully qualified technician and MOT tester.
69494627

peugeot 308 1.4 2010 I have replaced the engine and it now

Customer Question

peugeot 308 1.4 2010 I have replaced the engine and it now will not run, I have had the engine coded and all keys recoded, the coils spark once there are no faults showing on fault finder meter
Category: Peugeot
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 3 years ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
We have been working with the Experts to try to help you with your question. Sometimes it may take a bit of time to find the right fit.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Experts.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Expert:  Mark replied 3 years ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I will try help you with this.
I would say this is a problem with either one of the cam position sensors or your crank position sensor or the wiring to them.
Replacing an engine does not affect coding provided you replace all the ancilliaries from the original.
Most likely is you have a wiring fault or have fitted a connector to the wrong position.
Mark.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

This has already been checked, the only fault that can be found is a dirty signal on the crank sensor, we believe it could be a problem with the starter motor now drawing too much current, but will check sensors as well