Mark
Mark, Peugeot Certified Technician
Experience:  Fully qualified technician and MOT tester.
69494627

I have a expert van, and recently just had a fuel filter fitted,

Customer Question

I have a expert van, and recently just had a fuel filter fitted, my fuel injectors have just been taken out and checked and found to have no fault, now the garage is talking of checking the petrol pump, just to check this is going to cost me £600 + and will cost nearly a £1000 if needing a new one. the garage cannot seem to find the fault without taken things out at great cost and no guarantee it will be fixed, surely there must be a way of testing these things without this great expense
Category: Peugeot
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 2 years ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
We have been working with the Experts to try to help you with your question. Sometimes it may take a bit of time to find the right fit.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Experts.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
I apologize as we have not yet been able to find a Professional to assist you. Do
you wish for me to continue to search for someone to assist you or would you
like for us to close your question at this time?
Expert:  Mark replied 2 years ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I will try help you with this.
Can you tell me the year of the vehicle and what engine you have.
Can you also tell me what fault you have. ie Not starting, misfire etc.
Also, is this a petrol or diesel as most expert vans are diesel but you mention petrol pump.
Mark.