Robert
Robert, Peugeot Technician
Experience:  Fully qualified 19+yrs exp/self employed technician in the UK
13210289

I have a V889FKY Peugeot GTI. I love my car and its a great

Customer Question

I have a V889FKY Peugeot GTI. I love my car and its a great drive. The exhaust is noisy and just hanging on. Will need to be replaced. Can you give me a guide price for a replacement. I don't want to get ripped off. I stay in Livingston, Scotland
Category: Peugeot
Expert:  Robert replied 2 years ago.

Hi..

Hopefully i can help..

Ok so that will be the 206 model - Depends exactly which parts has actually failed..normally on these it either at the joint between the centre pipe and the cat or the back box..you may want to inpsect that first and see which sections at fault..of course most garages will actuall advise the the complete system be replaced..this would normally be ideal in this situation..again depends on the state of the rest of the system on the car..

As you know we can only give approx prices on these parts,centre box £60 area / back box £80 - £130 / clamps/rubber hangers £10 for the complete lot and about an hours roughly labor to remove and install..so you could be pushing £200 mark.excluding the vat etc..but as above it depends on which part has failed they maybe able to replace just the section thats split..best advice would be to get as many quotes you can doesnt have to be typical exhaust centre like kwik fit can be any good reputable garage namely one you use for mot time..I do hope this helps..if you need to ask anything else or include anything further then just continue before you rate