Nathan B
Nathan B, Mechanic
Experience:  20+ years experience working on a wide range of vehicles both as an employee and also running my own garage
27720961

i have a 2006 petrol 307 ..yesterday driving on the motorway

Customer Question

i have a 2006 petrol 307 ..yesterday driving on the motorway the car lost power ,as though the accelerator wasn't working ...the engine didn't rev when i pressed the pedal . This has happened quite a few times today driving round town , sometimes the power comes back in a few seconds but once or twice i've had to stop the car and wait a few minutes . Looking on google it seems a common problem but not one that has a definite cure . Can you help
thanks Helen
Category: Peugeot
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 2 years ago.
Hello Helen,

I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.

I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.

Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

well seeing as i've paid £16 i would like an answer !!!!

Hello Helen,

Thank you for getting back to me. We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.

However, should you wish to close your question and reverse your charges at any time please let me know.

Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.
Hello and Welcome..

My name is MIKE - Im happy to help / advise...

Before we can progress - when this occurs - or while driving at any time - do you get any warning lights come on the dash at all?

Too - what mileage is on the car - ? And what is its general service history like?

If you can give me its Full reg number - that will help also -

Rgds , MIKE.....................................

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

SD56 PXF ...No warning lights come on when the problem happens .have discovered if i turn the engine off and back on again the problem stops ...bit dodgy when driving at speed tho ...i have had the car four years and it has 48.000 on the clock ...i have done less than 17000 in the four years i've had it ..had it serviced twice since i bought it . I changed the spark plugs today but the old ones i took out were clean with no residue at all .