Robert
Robert, Peugeot Technician
Experience:  Fully qualified 19+yrs exp/self employed technician in the UK
13210289

Can I fit ABS braking system to my peugeot 2.8 motor home 2oo3

Can I fit ABS braking system to my peugeot 2.8 motor home 2oo3 year
N6
Category: Peugeot
Expert:  Robert replied 2 years ago.

Hi..

Hopefully i can help..

I guess it would be possible and cheaper if you had a donor vehicle with abs included to transfer over..But its not simple task and straight forward as you may think being mainly involving the braking system being modified.this would mean having to change the master cylinder /brake lines from that to the abs modulator/ecu which would need to be fitted and wired in - and then from that to the brake calipers/cylinders / also you would need wheel speed sensors..this would likely involve having to change driveshafts/hubs that have the sensors/target rings - also you would require the wiring for the system to work in conjunction with the vehicles ecu/bsi in the first place..aswell as the instrument panel to accomadate the abs warning light as it now testable as per mot...in all honesty it wouldnt be worth it based on the age of the vehicle and the expense following having it fitted in the first place and tested..I do hope this helps..if you need to ask anything else or include anything further then just continue before you rate