Mike, Peugeot Technician
Experience:  Tech Expert

i have a peugeot 206 hdi van .. the wipers just stopped working

Customer Question

i have a peugeot 206 hdi van .. the wipers just stopped working ..rac said it was the motor ..i replaced it ...they worked then once i turned them off they stopped working ....i replaced the comms 2000 ..thinking it was a stalk problem .. they worked for a few minutes then stopped again ... now if you leave it over night ..they start working again ..then stop if you turn them off a gain ... ive replaced the motor , the comms and relay ..and they still do the same .. work then stop if you turn them off ... someone said it might need the ecu resetting ?
Category: Peugeot
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 2 years ago.

I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.

I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.

Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Shantal ...could you please try and find an answer as im yet to receive any ... has the £13 been taken yet ?

Thank you for getting back to me. We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.

However, should you wish to close your question and reverse your charges at any time please let me know.

Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.
Hello and Welcome..

My name is MIKE - Im happy to help...

Before we progress - can I just check with you - did you replace the linkages as well - or no?

Rgds - MIKE..............................
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

yse ..they work first thing then nothing ..ive been told it might be the ecu not talking to the bsi ? or something like that .... when i open the drivers door the instrument panel moves on the speedo .. rev and gauges !! so strange .

Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.
Hi again..

Im sorry I missed you yesterday..

I just need to be sure you have changed the "linkage" - as sometimes they can partially seize and cause this - If you have.. thats fine.. If not - you need to disconnect it and check it for "easy " working - it should not be stiff at all on the ball joints....

Other than that - yes - its an electrical issue of sorts - The first thing to do then would be to check the actual power to the motor - using a see if you are getting power to it as and when switched - and check the earths too ..

The issue with the electrics you describe could be related - but you need to check as above first.

Check too - the wiring that goes from the body through to the door - often the wires chaff and damage / short there - causing odd issues as you describe there with the dash.

If you rule all out as above - I would suggest honestly to have a plug in diagnostic test done - this can properly reset the Bsi etc - or determine if its faulty - then go from there based on the results of that - let me know how you get on - Im always happy to help more if needed..

Im very pleased to have helped you - Do let me know if you need anything more --

*** Meanwhile - - >>>> Please do click on the "OK/ Excellent ratings" for me - Thank you in advance for that...

You can and are most welcome to get back to me anytime you might need - clicking the OK ratings does not close you out at all..

Kind Rgds, MIKE.