Robert
Robert, Peugeot Technician
Experience:  Fully qualified 19+yrs exp/self employed technician in the UK
13210289

Hi Robert I have 308 10 plate 39000 miles, it has overheated,

Hi Robert
I have 308 10 plate 39000 miles, it has overheated, quite a loss of water from Radiator system,also seems to need a bit of oil I fear the worst !
Category: Peugeot
Expert:  Robert replied 2 years ago.

Hi..apoligies for the delay..

Ok..if there is substantial loss of coolant then you need to have the system refilled and pressure tested to see if there is any leak on the system itself - unless there is actual leak appearing under the car at stand still overnight or after a run - checking hoses and clips is usually one of the checks but other checks need to be made to radiator itself/expansion tank/coolant system housing thermostat/water pump housing gasket/ aswell as heater matrix leaks/aswell as too the main fan doesn actually kick in..also testing needs to be carried out to determine or rule out headgasket failure.i would suggest the system pressure check first and see if that throws anything up..if its only small amount of oil required then that shouldnt be of concern as most cars use roughly 1litre oil within every 1000mile period..so as above the testing has to be carried out pressure test aswell as block test for exhaust gases in the system..i do hope this helps..if you need to ask anything else or include anything further then just continue before you rate

Robert, Peugeot Technician
Experience: Fully qualified 19+yrs exp/self employed technician in the UK