Robert
Robert, Peugeot Technician
Experience:  Fully qualified 19+yrs exp/self employed technician in the UK
13210289

Could you tell me if it is possible to break a drop link on

Customer Question

Could you tell me if it is possible to break a drop link on a Peugeot 3008 whilst replacing the front disks and pads. I have ended up with a broken drop link following a service.
Category: Peugeot
Expert:  Robert replied 2 years ago.

Hi..

Hopefully i can help..

The drop link/ARB link doesnt have any connection with braking system - its long rod with a balljoint at either end - one end attaches to the anti roll bar and the other end to the suspension strut - so if discs/pads where replaced then no it shouldnt have been broken or touched even during the process..normally these just wear at the balljoint ends and cause knocking going over bumps or uneven road surfaces..very rarely do they actually snap unless some stress has been put on it to casue that or corrosion has got into the balljoint itself on the drop link and thus during cornering say caused the link to break/sheer if thats the case with yours..to replace these they have to be done in pairs one at either side..I do hope this helps..If you need to ask anything else or include anything further then just continue before you rate

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thank you.....The drop link is being replaced at a cost of about £110.00 but only one is being replaced, should they always be done in pairs.

Expert:  Robert replied 2 years ago.

Hi..there thanks for your responce..

Ok..that does seem rather high for just replacing a ARB link - as they only have two bolts - normally you unbolt the old one - not a great task 10min job - then fit the new one same amount of time - so you could with both wheels off have these replaced within an half hour to an hour..they will be expensive at the dealer i think for both £62ish £31 each..you could get them alot cheaper elsewhere like a local motorfactors to be honest - I would suggest you ensure it is ARB link they are replacing and not something else..And yes ARB/Drop links have to be replaced in pairs.. it would be useless putting new link on one side of the antiroll bar and not the other..I do hope this helps further..

Expert:  Robert replied 2 years ago.
Hi..Do you still require any further help?