Mike
Mike, Peugeot Technician
Experience:  Tech Expert
9261905

Starer motor works but engine does not start even with jump

Customer Question

Starer motor works but engine does not start even with jump leads. Autodignostics light comes on but engine does not start. Thought it might be something to do with the key as the letter k appears on autodignostics symbol. Please advise.
Category: Peugeot
Expert:  Mike replied 3 years ago.
Hello and Welcome -

My name is MIKE - Im happy to help/ advise.

With what you have outlined, it does sound like you have an immobiliser issue that has arisen... the engine will not start - not even with a jump with that issue.

For this - you will need either a good auto locksmith that has the software and equipment to suit your model - or, you will need a so equipped garage - or Peugeot as a last resort.

If you have a spare key though - try that first - this can be just a faulty fob / key issue - so its worth a try - other than that - you will have to have the system diagnostically checked as above to cure this...

Im sorry its not a "it will be this or that" answer / situation ...but thats the way forward on this now from what you have outlined.... Even if its not a key / immobilser fault - engine diagnostics will trace the fault - this can also mean an engine management system fault.

Im very pleased to have helped you - Do let me know if you need anything more --

*** Meanwhile - - >>>> Please do click on the "OK/ Excellent ratings" for me - Thank you in advance for that...

You can and are most welcome to get back to me anytime you might need - clicking the OK ratings does not close you out at all..

Kind Rgds, MIKE.