Mike
Mike, Peugeot Technician
Experience:  Tech Expert
9261905

I drive a 2002 Peugeot 307 2.0 XS and had the catalytic convertor

I drive a 2002 Peugeot 307 2.0 XS and had the catalytic convertor removed some years ago as it went faulty and is not a requirement in SA. The car ran fine until lately when it started showing the fault "anti polution device faulty". When this happens the car loses power but if I stop and switch the car of the fault resets.
What could the problem be?
Category: Peugeot
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 3 years ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Shantal,

I will continue to wait.

Regards,

Herman

Hello Herman,
Thank you for getting back to me. We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.
However, should you wish to close your question and reverse your charges at any time please let me know.
Expert:  Mike replied 3 years ago.
Hello and Welcome -

My name is ***** ***** Im happy to help you ..

With this situation, you have had the Dpf removed - but the ecu - the control unit that has overall control of the system is for some reason "seeing " a fault in the system... this is not un normal even when the Dpf has been removed.

Obviously you wont have to do anything Dpf wise - but you need to have the Ecu checked using diagnostic plug in equipment and have the Ecu reset to stop this from happening - and then you will be back to normal.

Generally when a Dpf system is removed the Ecu is re programmed to suit - it seems this either hasn't been done - or not done properly... So again - you need to have done as above on this to cure this.

Im very pleased to have helped you - Do let me know if you need anything more --

*** Meanwhile - - >>>> Please do click on the "OK/ Excellent ratings" for me - Thank you in advance for that...

You can and are most welcome to get back to me anytime you might need - clicking the OK ratings does not close you out at all..

Kind Rgds, MIKE.
Mike, Peugeot Technician
Experience: Tech Expert