Robert
Robert, Peugeot Technician
Experience:  Fully qualified 19+yrs exp/self employed technician in the UK
13210289

I Peugeot boxer van 2003 model and it came with a flip key. The

Customer Question

I Peugeot boxer van 2003 model and it came with a flip key.
The key starts the engine and opens the doors but also its got a key fob but the fob does open locks the doors.
I've put new batteries in it but still doesn't work any ideas than you
Category: Peugeot
Expert:  Robert replied 2 years ago.

Hi..

Hopefully i can help..

Just to clarify? The van/vehicle has a flip key plus a seperate central locking fob/plip for opening the doors?? and its this thats not working?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

The flip key has buttons to open/lock the doors the light when press the buttons lights up but the van does not lock / open

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

The key and fob is all in one

Expert:  Robert replied 2 years ago.

Hi..there sorry for the delay..

Ok..asuming you have tried to re-sync the key usually that helps if the battery has got low/changed or needs reprogramming..you can try this below all the same if you havent done so already..

Switch ignition ON with the key
Press and hold LOCK or UNLOCK for 10 seconds
Switch ignition OFF
Remove key from ignition
Wait 5 seconds
This should complete the synchronisation - lock and unlock to test

If you have a spare key then you can try that and see if that works..if that works then its likely the circuit board/microswitches are at fault in the key your using at the moment..not too uncommon especially so over time..also if the buttons are worn then again this can effect proper operation..also ensure the batteries in the key are the correct ones aswell as the contacts the battery is fitted have good contact..ie:just bend them slightly closer to the battery itself..So as above maybe try the procedure/checks and see if that helps..i do hope this helps..if you need to ask anything else or include anything further then just continue before you rate

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Nope didn't work

Expert:  Robert replied 2 years ago.

Hi..there thanks for your responce..

Ok..if that hasnt worked then its either you have a problem weak transmitter in the key,problem with the circuit board or a poor receiver in the vehicle "which needs diagnostically tested being part of the multifunction control unit/BSI..Because you dont have second key to test wither its the already used key or receiver then the next stage will likely be to have the key you have tested to see if it sending out a signal..you will need a ri/rf keyfob tester you esentially point the key at the tester and it will tell you whether it sending a signal out..some local motor factors who sell car key batteries may have that so might be worth asking around..the only other idea would be to purchase a second key and programme it to the van..if that works then fine you'll have two working keys for the vehicle..if not then the likely hood will be a fault with the receiver on the van..I do hope this helps