Mike
Mike, Peugeot Technician
Experience:  Tech Expert
9261905

just changed the fuel filter on partner 1;6 HDi and cant seem

just changed the fuel filter on partner 1;6 HDi and cant seem to get any fuel through to the new filter. any advice ?
Category: Peugeot
Expert:  Mike replied 3 years ago.
Hello and Welcome...

My name is ***** ***** Im happy to help / advise..

With this model - you are best advised to fill the fuel filter housing with new fuel - then fit the filter... that will make it easier for the system to pull the fuel through - plus it will start on that fuel - then pull the fuel through.

IF not - if it wont - then often with these, the filter seal is faulty - or the pipes are sucking air on the connectors... Often a new filter body is the answer there - as it comes with a new filter inside and you dont' then have any seal disturbing issues etc...

Im very pleased to have helped you - Do let me know if you need anything more --

*** Meanwhile - - >>>> Please do click on the "OK/ Excellent ratings" for me - Thank you in advance for that...

You can and are most welcome to get back to me anytime you might need - clicking the OK ratings does not close you out at all..

Kind Rgds, MIKE.