Mark
Mark, Peugeot Certified Technician
Experience:  Fully qualified technician and MOT tester.
69494627

Hi Ive had an ongoing fault with my peugeot 307 1.4 petrol

Customer Question

Ive had an ongoing fault with my peugeot 307 1.4 petrol engine nobody seems to know what the problem is its been on about three diagnostics tests including peugeot garage one and still no definite diagnosis. I first had a problem in December i called the RAC out and they siad it was the coil pack they fitted a new one shortly after i started to get the engine management light on and a message saying anti pollution fault, since this ive had another diagnostic and that suggested that the fault was number 4 injector this was replaced ive also had new spark plugs fitted the latest diagnosis ive had is suggesting that it could be a fault in the wiring i've had the integrity of the injector harness checked and new O rings fitted on the injectors when they were checked as they appeared to be worn another suggestion it could be the ECU fault im getting to a point were i don't have anymore ideas what it could be can you help the symptoms are hesitant and miss firing when the engine is under load. but when i came 50 miles on the motorway today the engine management light was on but the engine ran fine at seventy miles per hour
Category: Peugeot
Expert:  Mark replied 2 years ago.
Mark :

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I will try help you with this.

Mark :

Do you know the fault code numbers that have been recorded in the ecu.

Customer:

Hi Mark

Customer:

the codes that i got on the last report Monday are p0300 p1336 p1110

Mark, Peugeot Certified Technician
Experience: Fully qualified technician and MOT tester.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

hi mark i missed a code off the last response its still showing p0204 injector cylinder 4

Expert:  Mark replied 2 years ago.
The first set of codes relate to an engine misfire and a problem detected by the MAP sensor. This could be caused by an induction leak at the manifold, split vacuum hose, bad 'o' ring or split manifold gasket.
If these have been cleared/repaired and you now only have the P0204 code then this is more specific in that it concerns No4 injector circuit.
As you have already replaced that injector and you say the wiring has been tested and has no faults then the fault must lie in the ecu.
I would first check the main plug connector at the ecu to see if any of the pins are damaged or corroded.

Mark.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

thanks mark

I will follow the advice youve given and hopefully cure the problem ill let you know the outcome.

George

Expert:  Mark replied 2 years ago.
Great

Mark.