sean
sean, Car and LCV technician
Experience:  Technician for 30 years.
31670004

Hi, I have a peugeot 308 sportium 2013 with a standard headlights.

I have a peugeot 308 sportium 2013 with a standard headlights. Can i replace them with xenon projector headlights just like the full options one? Is it just like plug and play or do I have to replace harness?
Category: Peugeot
Expert:  sean replied 3 years ago.
Hello, I hope the following assists you.
You can't just fit the standard Xenon headlights in place of the Halogen lamps.
The factory Xenon lights are electronically controlled and there are height sensors on the front and rear of the car so the light height is automatically adjusted for the road and load conditions. Xenon lights have no internal adjuster in the car. It is also a legal requirement for Xenon lights to have headlight washers but obviously this being enforced depends on the car being checked if stopped.
To be honest most people fit HID aftermarket kits, it's the cheapest option and is simple enough to do although again if you get an over zealous Police officer you can be in trouble for it. It is OK to fit the HID bulbs to the main beam though.
I hope this helps but if I can advise further let me know and I'll reply as soon as I'm able to.
Best wishes,
Sean.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Sean,

Thank you very much. Good and perfect answer.

Well, any suggestion for HID aftermarket kits for my peugeot 308?!!

Hassan

Expert:  sean replied 3 years ago.
Hello again,
usually I get them from Ebay but just make sure you get UK based ones for fast delivery. There are different opinions as to if they should be AC or DC ballast, AC last longer but DC are cheaper. You need to know which bulbs are fitted so that you get the correct kit. The existing wiring plugs into the HID control unit and the wiring from this goes to the new bulb in the light, they are very simple to fit.
Best regards,
Sean.