Robert
Robert, Peugeot Technician
Experience:  Fully qualified 19+yrs exp/self employed technician in the UK
13210289

Warning light came on fault antipollution ??? Please

Category: Peugeot
Expert:  Robert replied 2 years ago.

Hi..

Hopefully i can help..

What Peugeot model / engine / fuel type do you have?

Whats is mileage/ recent service history?

Has this been a sudden problems thats come up or one thats been a problem for a while..if so what things have you have checked out or replaced so far?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

2009 Peugeot expert 91000 miles serviced at###-##-####c diesel just came on this morning

Expert:  Robert replied 2 years ago.

Hi..there thanks for your responce..

Ok..The Anti-pollution fault warning or message as you see it is just basically a "generic emissions fault message" on these models coincides aswell as the engine management.and would generally make it impossible to give an exact or possible location of where your fault is without the proper diagnostics which this will need - so long as you bear that in mind..

However the usual more common causes with diesels or the HDI's - is either due the particulate DPF Filter is at fault either blocked up with soot particles,very limited mileage or generally lack of use very often causes this thus the filter doesn't get a chance to self regenerate - provided the engine still performs ok ..then you can try o a clear stretch of road for upto 25-30miles in 4th gear..keeping the revs up helps bring the temperature of the dpf up to is desired temp to burn the soot off and see if that helps - if not then further checks need to be made as far as intake system pipe work, exhaust gas recirculation valve faulty/blocked up with soot which can be quite common for sticking and blocking up,they can be cleaned up though if its just stuck or blocked up so something to bear in mind if it isn't fault in itself ....Have seen these require a new fuel filter this may help as sometimes bad fuel filter can cause this so maybe well worth trying that - failing all that It would most definitely need to be hooked upto a suitable diagnostic machine im afraid to interrogate the ECU - Only once the codes are known can steps be taken to investigate further "fault codes" that it actually highlights or shows up - quite often this will only be the way forward in such cases with these warning messages to be honest on these engines - so the best option in this case would be to have the car diagnosed first or plugged in so to speak if prefered - which im sure any good local garage/or better still mobile diagnostic technician even if you have one locally with the proper diagnostic equipment and see whats found and then take it from there..I do hope this helps

Robert, Peugeot Technician
Experience: Fully qualified 19+yrs exp/self employed technician in the UK
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Going for full diagnostic check tomorrow thanks

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thanks all sorted