sean
sean, Car and LCV technician
Experience:  Technician for 30 years.
31670004

I have a Peugeot 307sw auto and it's knocking osf could it

I have a Peugeot 307sw auto and it's knocking osf could it be the drive shaft
Category: Peugeot
Expert:  sean replied 2 years ago.
Hello, I hope the following assists you.
If the noise happens as you go over a bump it's unlikely to be a driveshaft concern. The drive shaft is more likely to make a noise when accelerating round a corner.
Going over bumps the most common cause of a knocking noise is a worn anti roll bar link ball joint, the play in the joint can't always be felt with the car on a ramp as the weight of the suspension pulling the link can make it seem as though there is no wear, if the car is still on it's wheels then the play usually shows up.
There are other possible causes so check for a broken coil spring,leaking strut, wear in the lower ball joint or lower arm bushes.
I hope this helps but if you have more questions regarding this let me know and I'll reply as soon as I'm able to.
Best wishes,
Sean.