Mike, Peugeot Technician
Experience:  Tech Expert

Hello I'm really worried, I don't know much about cars, but

Customer Question

Hello I'm really worried, I don't know much about cars, but I have been taking my peugeot 206cc to mechanics, a few weeks ago my car start losing power everytime and after I stop on a red light, so when it is time to go, I try to accelerate the car and doesn't do it, like no power, when finally recovers power the car does like a push, like it pushes itself so hard and then runs as normal. What could it be, I have changed spark plugs, and transmission oil, but doesn't seen to work.
Category: Peugeot
Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.
Hello and Welcome..

My name is ***** ***** Im happy to help / advise..

I need fuller details of the car you have-- the size / type of engine etc... if you can give me its FULL reg number, that will help too -

Also - is this a manual or an auto transmission?

When it does it - does the engine "race" high - but the car not move in relation to the engine speed?

Too - what mileage is on the car?

When you get this issue - do you get any fault light on / flashing at all ?

How often does it do it - every time etc?

Kind Rgds, MIKE....................................
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Mike,

thanks for getting back to me, I will give you as much info as I can it is a Peugeot 206CC year 2005, Australian rego number is *****

VIN: VF32DNFUR44779139

ENG no: 10FX6L2694013

it is auto or well tiptronic, (I drive it auto all the time)

the car does it, after while of driving it, never when just start it, and it happens when I have to stop for example red light, so stops ok, well sometime I feel a bit of pushing but minimum when stop, then when I want to go I accelerate and the car like doesn't go, then starts moving a bit slow then I push the accelerator more and it goes but there is when the big pulling happens, car pulls so hard, it feels like someone has hit it from the back, something like that. after that car goes normally until next stop, well sometimes and this is new does the same pulling when change gears, every time I say it I know it sounds very bad, and the worse part it is like I have been taking care of him, I bought it second had on April this year and because I don't have much history of the car I have decided to change timing belt, just in case, the other belt was very bad too so I changed, everything cost a lot and now.. I don't even know if it will work again or I should just sell it before it takes more money from money. really need you expert opinion!!

the car has now about 121km or 122km

the other questions, doesn't have any light or anything on board,

I don't know if it is relevant or not but before this started to happen I was on a normal journey to work and suddenly car lost power like slow down and engine light came on, so pull over to the side of the road, then I had to get it towed to a mechanic who told me it was coil plugs, so I changed and about a week later this problem came up and has been like that since then, as I said mechanic has changed a few things like petrol filter, engine support that was broken, spark plugs, transmission oil, engine oil, oil filter... all as part as service too. sorry if it is not relevant just trying to give as much information.

forgot to motion, the revolutions on the board are ok, as I can see how it moves and goes up, it is like the car doesn't change the gear or force itself to it, because I can feel the revolution and I can see It on the board how it goes up.

I read on internet, and seems to be a problem with those cars, is that right? I mean there is a few having the same problem.

well I guess that is all, thanks so much and really hope to hear from you soon. I need to make a decision,

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hello Mike,
Just wondering if you have any answers for my enquiry, I have received an email regarding leaving feedback but I haven't received replies form you after you asked me all the additional questions.
Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.
Hello again -

This is MIKE - I am truly sorry . Im afraid I was taken ill so have had to be off for a time... Im really sorry about that -

Im more than happy to carry on and help you -but obviously just thought I'd best ask if indeed you do still need help with this....Please let me know either way -and once more, my apologies for the delay..

Kind Rgds, MIKE...............................................
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi Mike, i do still waiting for and expert opinion and would be great if you can reply to me, as soon as possible, before I make any decision with my car.
Thanks and have a good one
Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.
Hi again Evelyn -

Thank you very much for your reply -

Ok - I have re read through all that you have wrote - the symptoms etc... and espeically, the latter part where you write that the revs ( revolutions ) are ok on the dash.. I was going to ask about this - ie - when its in this situation - ie, not operating correctly / as it should... I was going to ask if when you just rev it - will it rev... will the engine rev ok? It sounds like from what you say, that it will.. Now that being the case.. that would rule out all engine issues and highlight the transmission as the problem... or the transmission area anyway.

What it really needs is either an in depth diagnostic on the transmission- not the engine.. this is done with plug in diagnostic equipment - but again -for the transmission and its electronics control side of things ( command system ) and sensors... and / or, take it to an "auto transmission specialist" that deals with these systems, the Tiptronic etc.. They are a specialised area and need the correct diagnostic equipment - and to be honest, specialist guys who are trained on them, to find such faults... The fault wil be , either in the command side , the electronics, or, the actual transmission itself.. On these - again - it needs the proper people with the proper test equipment to find such a fault..

Again - it will be one or the other as above - but thats the way to trace it down and fix it - or at least then get a price on a repair for the job..

Im sorry its not straightforward - to be honest, these issues rarely are... but thats the way to get this sorted properly for you now.

Once again - my sincere apologies for the delay ...

Im very pleased to have helped you - Do let me know if you need anything more --

*** Meanwhile - - >>>> Please do click on the "OK/ Excellent ratings" for me - Thank you in advance for that...

You can and are most welcome to get back to me anytime you might need - clicking the OK ratings does not close you out at all..

Kind Rgds, MIKE.
Mike, Peugeot Technician
Experience: Tech Expert
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks mike got a transmission mechanic on it.