Peterkmiles
Peterkmiles, UK Car Mechanic
Experience:  13 years experience at the highest level of automotive technology
37560582

I have peugeot streefight 2 x reg. Put in a new crank, bearings,

Customer Question

I have peugeot streefight 2 x reg. Put in a new crank, bearings, seals and crank gaskets and variator outer plate. Rebuild and managed to start the engine after a lot of trying. The engine ticked over and revved for about 4/5 mins then the revs shot thro' the roof. stopped the engine, since then i have not been able to start.It turns over on the starter. Checked the spark, it ok. Help please
Category: Peugeot
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 2 years ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I have not solved the problem.I am waiting for a compression tester to arrive so I can eliminate that side.

Thank you for getting back to me. We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.
However, should you wish to close your question and reverse your charges at any time please let me know.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I checked the compression 3 times and it is the same result

compression 85psi what is norm

regards

David

Expert:  Peterkmiles replied 2 years ago.
My name is ***** ***** I hope to help with your problem.
How did you check the compression? Did you hold the throttle wide open when cranking? It should be well over 100psi.
You described the work don't to the bottom end but what have you don't to the top end? Low compression suggests a top end fault.
Just answer only pay us on your rating, anything less than good is considered a failure so I hooe my help so far hasn't failed you.
Best regards
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

it made no difference, throttle open or off, I have ordered a new top set it will be here today. Originally I only rebuilt the bottom end as the variater outerflange had damaged the crank. The engine was running ok up till then.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Peter

update

The new head and piston fitted, still would not start. Checked the pressure again slightly better 95psi

15/11/14

Since I last e mailed I have fitted a new reed valve. The engine still will not start, the compression with throttle wide open now upto 105psi. The engine turns over but makes no attempt to fire

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Relist: Incomplete answer.
I have posted more info that may help
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Relist: Incomplete answer.
I have posted more info that may help