Robert
Robert, Peugeot Technician
Experience:  Fully qualified 19+yrs exp/self employed technician in the UK
13210289

my 2001 206 1,1 just failed mot for air bag light staying on

my 2001 206 1,1 just failed mot for air bag light staying on which indicates a fault in the air bag system,what can i check / test to correct this fault ?
thank's
roger.
Category: Peugeot
Expert:  Robert replied 2 years ago.

Hi..

Hopefully i can help..

Ensure the battery has been disconnected before you check anything related to the airbag system..ensure drivers window open,bonnet open,ign key removed - doors all shut wait 3minutes before disconnection then check..the drivers airbag

can be removed by turning the steering wheel 180degrees to the left and on the bottom of the steering wheel you should see a small hole..stick a resonably sized flat headscrewdriver in and give it a short thump to release the metal release clip inside and the airbag will just pop off...however as with all airbag faults it normally best to have the cars airbag module/ecu scanned for the fault codes first thats about the only testing you can do..a multimeter is not recommended to test airbags..Using a proper scan tool this will using the faults codes retrived give you a better idea which airbag/pretensioner it is or whether this is wiring issue you have instead or problem with the module itself.and then take steps to replace that defective item/or wiring harness..I do hope this helps..
Robert, Peugeot Technician
Experience: Fully qualified 19+yrs exp/self employed technician in the UK