Robert
Robert, Peugeot Technician
Experience:  Fully qualified 19+yrs exp/self employed technician in the UK
13210289

My engine management has come on with the message anti pollution

My engine management has come on with the message anti pollution fault
What does this mean
Category: Peugeot
Expert:  Robert replied 2 years ago.

Hi..

Hopefully i can help..

What model of peugeot do you have?

Which engine and year?

Does the car seem to run normal or any noticable issues since this occured?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Peugeot 307 cc and is on an 04 plate and 1997cc the engine idles but lacks power
Expert:  Robert replied 2 years ago.

Hi..there..thanks for your reply..

The message on your info screen antipollution is just a normal generic fault warning that usually always coincides with the engine management - basically means the car ecu has detected the fault with one of the engine sensors/emissions fault - ideally in the type of situation - the next stage you have to take on this is as any garage would do - is to get it scanned for the relevent faults or fault codes - to be able to know exactly whats has to be investigated or checked..so as you'll understand the diagnostic route will have to the first step - the most common in regards ***** ***** fault seeing as you say its a petrol engine - is usually missfire fault bad sparkplugs or coils or a fault in reagrds to catalyst "catalytic converter" either failed or oxygen lambda sensors are out of spec on the exhaust can all have knock on effect in regards ***** ***** of power causing imbalance in fuel,air mix etc but those are usually the most common but without knowing the exatc fault codes your cars logged it would be difficult to say if its just an easy fix with replacement sensor..but as above thats about the only move on this one im afraid..I do hope this helps

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thank you that had been very helpful it is a mile from my house parked up is it safe to drive it home then get the RAC in the morning
Expert:  Robert replied 2 years ago.

Hi..there..

I dont see why not - it should be fine to drive that small distance..but yes the best thing that can be done at this stage is to get the car scanned/diagnostically which the RAC can do and see what thes fault codes are before progressing further..I do hope this helps further..please dont forget to rate my assistance most appreciated..should you need to ask anything further then just ask anytime..Regards Robert