Nathan B
Nathan B, Mechanic
Experience:  20+ years experience working on a wide range of vehicles both as an employee and also running my own garage
27720961

INtermittent startup issue (electric short maybe)

Customer Question

Hi We have a 2004 Peugot 206 "Look" 1.4 manual petrol 5 door We get an intermittent problem starting - When the key is turned the starter motor begins to run for half a second then all the needles on every dial kicks hard backward (anti-clockwise) and the CD/Radio settings are all cleared to factory defaults and the power just dies. Waiting 2-3 seconds and turning the key starts it fine and the card runs perfectly. (Very nice actually - it is garage maintained) The garage cant find the problem (being intermittent sometimes it goes weeks without doing it - othertimes twice in one day) It may be cold/damp related? Seems like a short somewhere in the ignition system to me but I dont really know. Have you seen anything like this or have suggestions please? thanks john

Please note I have no email access at the moment - I will watch your reponse page for a while. (sorry about that - I hope email will be back on by monday)

Category: Peugeot
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 2 years ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
I apologize as we have not yet been able to find a Professional to assist you. Do
you wish for me to continue to search for someone to assist you or would you
like for us to close your question at this time?