Robert
Robert, Peugeot Technician
Experience:  Fully qualified 19+yrs exp/self employed technician in the UK
13210289

Hi, I have a 307 estate and the engine light is on. The engine

Customer Question

Hi, I have a 307 estate and the engine light is on. The engine has been making a strange rumbling ticking sound as if it's cold but it lasts the whole journey. A mechanic said it could be the oil valves which he claims is a big job and could cost a small fortune, have you encountered this issue before.
Category: Peugeot
Expert:  Robert replied 2 years ago.

Hi..

Hopefully i can help..

I think the best advise rather then just start pulling the engine apart would be find out exactly what your ECU has logged in regards ***** ***** codes.from your desription that hasnt been carred out by your mechanic which by seeing the engine management light on would be the first thing any mechanic would do and plug it in using a suitable diagnostic machine.hence why your engine managment is on..as that tells you the ecu is picking up on the fault and help with diagnoses..once you know what these fault codes are would you be in a better position knowing what has to be done..so from here id suggest getting it on a diagnostic machine as a starting point anyway and see what the codes are..rather then the huge expense of stripping down the engine..when it could be something entirely differant..I do hope this helps..if you require to ask anything further then please continue before you rate