Robert
Robert, Peugeot Technician
Experience:  Fully qualified 19+yrs exp/self employed technician in the UK
13210289

Hi there, I have a 307sw 1.6. I just heard that the ignition

Hi there, I have a 307sw 1.6. I just heard that the ignition barrel needs to be replaced. Apart from being expensive, it also has to be ordered from France. Is there a quicker and cheaper option?
Category: Peugeot
Expert:  Robert replied 2 years ago.

Hi..

Hopefully i can help..

Sadly not - the reason they have to have the ignition barrel match the keys is becuase the keys you have are cut specifically to fit the barrel you have in there..for the keys you have too work or fit they have to get a barrel that matches the keys that already exsist with the car..any other ignition barrel would require new keys cut for the car.in turn any locks would likely have to be changed too to match the new keys..unless you keep the old one on the key ring...considering the car is with the dealer the price would obviously reflect that...but unfortunatly there is no other alternative or universal as such when it comes to the ignition itself...I do hope this helps