Robert
Robert, Peugeot Technician
Experience:  Fully qualified 19+yrs exp/self employed technician in the UK
13210289

Hi, daughters 206 1.1 w reg peugeot was ok the day before.

Customer Question

Hi, daughters 206 1.1 w reg peugeot was ok the day before. She used it next day and the throttle pedal was half down to the floor, would just about manage 50 mph as though limp home mode had come on. The only warning light to come on is the spanner symbol.Is it possible there is a sensor playing up. Apart from that every thing is as it should be.
thanks in anticipation Terry
Category: Peugeot
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.

Hi..

Hopefully i can help..

Id imagine at that age on the 206 - it will possibly still use a throttle cable.we had 2001 in not so long agao and it still had the cable - you will know anyway if you go under the bonnet locate the inlet/throttle body at the back of the engine and look for the throttle cable leading to the throttle body - check it hasnt actually stretched or frayed,do the same check at the pedal and ensure you follow the cable all the way to ensure it mounted properly - try actuating the throttle at the engine and see if you can get full rpm from there - Considering the thottle pedal is as you say is half way down to the floor would suggest that cable has stretched maybe..thus you only get rpm range from the halfway position to the floor..as apposed to the pedal at full height as it would of been before..so i would certainly start checks there aswell as ensure nothing is actually fouling the pedal itself - The orange spanner symbol light next to the mileage/service mileage that pops up is a "service light" not an engine management light...I do hope this helps