Robert
Robert, Peugeot Technician
Experience:  Fully qualified 19+yrs exp/self employed technician in the UK
13210289

I have a 308 gt diesel 1.6 Some mornings when I attempt to

I have a 308 gt diesel 1.6
Some mornings when I attempt to start the car it fails to turn the engine over , only to hear a clicking noise.
If I put the car in gear and gently bump start the car downhill then attempt to start the car it then turns the engine over and it starts the engine.
Any ideas what the problem is ? Is it battery connections or alternator output problems ?
Category: Peugeot
Expert:  Robert replied 2 years ago.

Hi..

Hopefully i can help..

Sounds like you may have either a failing starter motor / failing battery which inst holding enough voltage to spin the engine over until as such you get the engine going and the alternator charging..these best case here would be to get the battery tested out and this in turn they can check the output the alternators charging at..the next checks ideally would be the starter connections/wiring..if both of which come back ok..then the problem more than likely is with the starter sticking..but as above certainly have the battery checked out first at least especially so considering being winter/and a diesel engine there will be alot more demand on the battery...I do hope this helps